Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday

OK, I'm back.

Couple busy weeks there, so I didn't have time to post anything on this topic last week.

And I'll admit (and if you are a regular reader you'll already know this) that I had a less-than-perfect stretch of a few days when I visited with my sisters in NYC about a week and a half ago.

But I'm back on track.

And I have a few tips I'd like to share.

The first two are just "food for thought" as it were. A couple of things that help me with my perspective.

The other is an exercise tip.

Food for Thought
If you went to the doctor, and he told you you only had six months to live, what would go through your mind? You would probably think of your loved ones, of how you wish you could have more time with them.  I doubt there is anyone who would think to themselves, "Geeze, I'm really going to miss eating!" Because food would not be something you would miss. And yet we give it so much thought and attention day by day, moment by moment. Doesn't add up.

Another thing. If someone told you that you had to lose all your senses but one, show of hands, who would choose taste as the sensation they couldn't live without? Why don't I see any hands? Because taste is just not that imortant to us in the grand scheme of things. And yet, again, we give it SO much importance in the moment.

To me, both of these thoughts go to show that we need to live more in the moments which make up our lives. Figure out what is important to us and let the way we live our lives reflect that.

Exercise
I haven't had too much time to exercise in the way that I want. But while I'm waiting for my schedule to slow down a bit, I've started an exercise program that only takes a few minutes a day and can be done anytime, anywhere, with no equipment needed.

It's a squat challenge I found on Pinterest. I'm currently up to 175 squats, and by the end of the month I should be doing 200.

It's easy while at the same time being hard.
I feel stronger already.

Roarrrr.



Image source



So in summary, although I allowed for some special occasion eat-drink-and-be-merry-time, I did well on the plan, losing an additional three pounds, and bringing my total to just under 18 pounds.

I added in exercise and have been sticking to it pretty consistently, and I feel the difference.

I pulled some of my old shorts out of the dresser, and they FIT! They are a size smaller than my usual, and considering my usual was getting tight (who'm I kidding, I had ditched my usuals and had gone whole-hog yoga pants), it's really more like two sizes down.


But enough about me and my journey to getting fit, how about you?  Those of you who are on this same path, what's working, what's hard?  Share your epiphanies.

Because misery's not the only one who loves company.

So does success.
And joy.
And damn proud of yourself.










***************

Circle of Moms plug!

This is the LAST DAY to vote and I'm hoping to keep a place somewhere in the Top 25.

Will you help?


If you'd like to vote for me, just click on the image below, then scroll down till you see my blog, then click on the vote button. If I can keep in the top 25 I can get a cool badge to wear proudly on my blog!





XOXO!


*************

And don't forget Top Mommy Blogs! You know the drill by now. Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I rename this day "Way 2 Go Wednesday!" Good for you, Anne! (And speaking as one of the sisters with whom she "indulged" last week, I can also vouch for the fact that even if we stayed up til 2am, she'd get her butt off the couch and (before hitting the pillow) she'd say "Well, gotta go do my squats." That's commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I've been trying to get myself motivated. Thanks for the post - it helped!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...