Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

I-Need-Therapy-Thursday: Moms Are Cool-Suckers

I drive my kids around a lot to activities and what-not.

And they play their music in the car.

There's almost no such thing as listening to the car radio anymore. It's plug in the ipod and listen to the music over and over.

Recently, Rosie fawned over this song:

Radioactive, by Imagine Dragons



And you know what? I liked it.

I really, really liked it.

And then I heard it a couple times on my own, and then the next time I was driving Rosie somewhere, she plugged in her iPod and this song came on again.

I decided to turn it up.

I sang along.

I was rockin' it OUT.

But she wasn't joining me.

Hmm. Odd.

"I guess it probably knocks the coolness of a song down a couple notches if I like it, huh?"

........

cricket, cricket

........

I think I just answered my own question.




************

Read it. Like it? Follow it. Please? Thanks.
(Follow my blog by adding yourself as a follower with Google Friends Connect in my sidebar!)


***************************


Don't forget, I will love you forever if you throw me a vote on Top Mommy Blogs. You know the drill by now, don't you? Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!



***************

In case you didn't know it, I'm like the queen of blog-hoppin' lately. It's kind of like square dancing but without the dated outfits, smelly gym, and elderly caller.

Here's the schedule I keep:
Monday: Homestead Revival's Barn Hop, Natural Living Mamma's Natural Living Mondays, The Chicken Chick's Clever Chicks, A Cat-Like Curiosity's Monday Mantras, Ponder Wonder's Soul Food Monday and @ Home Take 2's Mom's Monday Mingle
Tuesday: Heavenly Homemaker's Gratituesday, Crafty Garden Mama's Tuesday Greens, and The Wrinkled Mommy's Tuesday Archive Link-Up
Wednesday: My Life and Kids Finding the Funny, Tilly's Nest's Down Home, and Crafty Spices Wordless Wednesday
Thursday: A Rural Journal's Rural Thursday Blog Hop, and Two In Diapers' Mommy Brain Mixer
Friday: Deborah Jean's Dandelion House's Farmgirl Friday, Fresh Eggs Daily's FarmGirl Friday, Little Becky Homecky's Fantabulous Friday, @Home Take 2's Weekend Blog Walk, and Oh So Amelia's Friday Chaos
Saturday: Camera Critter's Life With Dogs Pet Blogger Hop, and Tutus and Tea Parties' Pinteresting Party.


Since today is Thursday, that means I'm linking up my post "Farm Friday: Sandy" with A Rural Journal's Rural Thursday Blog Hop; and "Daylight Savings" with Two In Diapers' Mommy Brain Mixer




Come join the fun!



****************

Rudeness disclaimer:

I love all your comments,
I read every one!
But I can't hit 'reply',
I've no time for fun.
Please don't judge me,
Please don't hate.
If you have a question that just can't wait,
Send me an email at farmbeachgal@yahoo.com,
And I'll answer right back because I'm, you know, the Mom.











6 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, I think we just need to face the fact that to our teens, we're just plain strange...but strange can be oh so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my favorite sons right now. I refuse to grow old being tied to a set stream of music and belt them out all the time ---if my college age daughter were home, she would be mortified - he, on the other hand, grins and sings along with me (missed up words and all)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son is always saying, "Mom, could you please stop singing." Not rude or rolling eyes or anything, he's only 4, just politely asking me to please stop singing. (Actually singling, but whatever.) He used to request my songs... I guess his ear is a little more discerning now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that's when I sing louder...with the windows down...at school drop-off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've all been there. And even with little ones, haha! I am in agreement, only makes me want to sing all the louder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! I have been feeling the exact same way...and my daughter is only SIX! I taught myself a few Katy Perry songs on the piano to sing with her, and she was NOT as excited as I had hoped. She left to watch a movie and I sat there for a half hour singing Firework and The One That Got Away by myself. Lo-ser!
    I fear she is slowly becoming embarrassed by me singing with her. :(
    Great job on this one!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...