Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Slightly Wordy Wordless Wednesday

This little girl
















had a birthday last week.



This pretty lady

















is Mary Birdsong.
Her aunt.
My sister.


She has all kinds of impressive, fancy Hollywood connections.

In fact, she was in the middle of working with this impressive, fancy Hollywood connection last Saturday















One Ms. Dot Jones.

Of Glee fame.



And Mary



















got to talking to Dot















about Bella.
















And how it was her birthday and all.


And Dot said,

Let's call her.
Let's call her right now.

And they did.

And Bella and her two sisters and four friends,
all between the ages of 13 and 15,
got to talk squeal and scream and giggle on speaker phone to the impressive and fancy Dot Jones, of Glee fame.

And even though close family and friends can often have trouble understanding Bella when face to face,

Ms. Jones, in her infinite patience and kindness, found a way to comprehend everything Bella said to her, from 3,000 miles away, on speaker phone, while seven giggly girls in an SUV carried on.

And Bella was the hero of the day.


In my book? So was Dot Jones.

And Mary Birdsong.





Images courtesy: zimbio.com, imdb.com
***************************


Don't forget, I will love you forever if you throw me a vote on Top Mommy Blogs. You know the drill by now, don't you? Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!



***************

In case you didn't know it, I'm like the queen of blog-hoppin' lately. It's kind of like square dancing but without the dated outfits, smelly gym, and elderly caller.

Here's the schedule I keep:
Monday: Homestead Revival's Barn Hop, Natural Living Mamma's Natural Living Mondays, The Chicken Chick's Clever Chicks, A Cat-Like Curiosity's Monday Mantras, Ponder Wonder's Soul Food Monday and @ Home Take 2's Mom's Monday Mingle
Tuesday: Heavenly Homemaker's Gratituesday, Crafty Garden Mama's Tuesday Greens, and The Wrinkled Mommy's Tuesday Archive Link-Up
Wednesday: My Life and Kids Finding the Funny, Tilly's Nest's Down Home, and Crafty Spices Wordless Wednesday
Thursday: A Rural Journal's Rural Thursday Blog Hop, and Two In Diapers' Mommy Brain Mixer
Friday: Deborah Jean's Dandelion House's Farmgirl Friday, Fresh Eggs Daily's FarmGirl Friday, Little Becky Homecky's Fantabulous Friday, @Home Take 2's Weekend Blog Walk, and Oh So Amelia's Friday Chaos
Saturday: Camera Critter's Life With Dogs Pet Blogger Hop, and Tutus and Tea Parties' Pinteresting Party.


Since today is Wednesday, that means I'm linking up today's post with Crafty Spices Wordless Wednesday, "8 Cruelest Foods You Eat" with Tilly's Nest's Down Home, and "Lunch-Schmunch" with My Life and Kids Finding the Funny.

Come join the fun!

26 comments:

  1. That is just plain fantastic. Happy belated birthday, Bella! Not as exciting as a call from Dot Jones, sure, but the sentiment is there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to pass that along to her, Coop. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. That is awesome. The closest we ever got to something like that was Clint Black's guitarist dated my cousin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hey, that IS pretty awesome! Get any free tix out of the deal?

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday (a little late) Bella! I hope you have a wonderful year to come.
    Neighgirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, NeighGirl, I'll be sure to pass that on to her....

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness I love the serendipity that led to this wonderful birthday experience for Bella!! Nice to "meet" you. Your blog hop schedule exhausts and attracts me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool birthday - one she will remember for the rest of her life. How awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Masshole Mommy", what an interesting name you have given yourself. Love it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Great birthday!! Thanks for sharing the wonderful story. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great birthday surprise, and a good reminder that our small actions (a phone call, for instance) really can make someone else feel wonderful. Happy belated birthday to Bella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristi! I'll be sure to pass that on to her...

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, this is amazing! I'm all starstruck just reading this! I looooved Mary on Reno 911 and I love Dot on Glee! What a wonderful birthday surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was awesome, and now I'm even more starstruck, bc Dot Jones just tweeted me!!!

      Delete
  9. AWESOMES all the way around. And happy birthday to your daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I promised I would come and say hi on your page and so glad I did. I absolutely love it and am so happy to be following you now on FB too. First off Happy, belated Birthday to your daughter Bella. She is just beautiful and sounds like she had a day she will never forget, which she totally was deserving of. That said I could see how to talking to a famous person from Glee could excite her and her friends. Thank you seriously for connecting with me and very happy to do the same here now too :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a sneaking feeling we would wind up friends, Janine. I will certainly pass your good wishes on to Bella, thanks!

      Delete
  11. Wonderful. Thanks for linking up.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome!!!
    Thanks for sharing and for linking up with us at www.craftyspices.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cool! What a lucky girl, I'm glad her birthday was extra special this year. Oh, and hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Joyce, CraftySpices and Britni:
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...