Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

State of the Union

Hello my TALU friends. We're taking a break from the linky party for one more week.

In the meantime, I thought I'd do "State of the Union Address", since it's the start of the new year and all.

I started this blog last March. Granted, I was moving over from my old blog, so I brought a small following with me, but I'm still amazed at how it's grown.

For instance, my page views per month have increased about 10-fold.
My followers have grown from 17 to nearly 400.
I've been honored to be guest-posted on some AWEsome blogs.
Probably a day doesn't go by that I don't get requests to do guest-posts on my blog, or do reviews, or advertise.
I've been featured a number of times on BlogHer.
I've been voted into Top 25 blogs for two different Circle of Moms contests.
Once I arrived there, I've maintained my first-page status on Top Mommy Blogs pretty consistently, and have even flirted with the top 10 briefly (so close!).
I've been having great fun learning all about blog hops, and I even co-host the wonderful TALU Tuesday!


And here are some of my most popular posts of the past year...

What the....

I Am My Mother. And....

A Lab. Never Again....

Time To Say Goodbye

Inspiration Sunday

Laundry, Simplified

The Cost of Sustainability

What I've Learnt In My Year of Chickens

Straight From the Horse's Mouth

Chili Dip

In looking at the list, I see a mixed bag of topics: random/funny things in our family, farm stuff, recipes, household tips, random/funny thoughts in general.



Anyway, reason for this post is twofold.

First and foremost:




















You - all my wonderful readers - is what makes this such a fulfilling undertaking. I love your comments, I love my followers, I love seeing my page views go up and up, I love the votes you give me on all my annoying contests. You are an amazing group, and I love writing for you. Thanks from the heart of my bottom. Scratch that. From the bottom of my heart. Love you guys!



Secondly: I would love to hear what you would be interested in seeing more of. More farm stuff? More tips? More adoption-related pieces? More pictures?  Please let me know.

Thanks again, people.  And have a WONDERFUL new year!








Image from: wpclipart.com

************

Read it.
Like it?
Follow it.
Please?
Thanks.
(Follow my blog by adding yourself as a follower with Google Friends Connect in my sidebar!)


***************************

Yeah, like I was saying.  Top Mommy Blogs.
Please vote?
Like today and every single day for the rest of your natural life?
Just one quick click of this brown button is all it takes.
Love you!

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks....



***************

Come check out my blog-hop schedule in my sidebar, and join the fun!


*************

Rudeness disclaimer:

I love all your comments,
I read every one!
But I can't hit 'reply',
I've no time for fun.
Please don't judge me,
Please don't hate.
If you have a question that just can't wait,
Send me an email at farmbeachgal@yahoo.com,
And I'll answer right back because I'm, you know, the Mom.

10 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog, sounds like your'e doing great, just wanted to wish you all the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always great reads! Happy New Year! http://theredeemedgardener.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love yours as well! I love reading about other farming families. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your blogging accomplishments this year! It's hard work and you have a lot to be proud of, the most of which is your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great year and I hope thar 2013 is just as successful for your blog. Our family lives a quiet life in the country so I would love to see more of your farming tales this year please

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback and the support! Hope to see you around in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for dropping by My magical menagerie. You seem to have a great family. Wish we lived in a farm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne, I love dropping by and seeing what's happening with you. I love you day to day life and your Wed photos. Congratulations on all your great accomplishments! Looking forward to more TALU Tuesdays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's wonderful Anne. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go, Anne! I'm proud to hear how your readership's growing. Hoping your and all your'n have a wonderful year ahead.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...