Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Farm Friday - A Re-Post

Since I will be suffering in silence agitated misery during my 10 hours on the road with my six sweet darlings dozen and a half minions from hell today, I thought I'd give myself a little break and post something to my blog that has already seen the light of the screen once before.

Please don't judge....


**********************



What the....


Fred: (peering down at a small quantity of brown something-or-other on the floor by the kitchen door) What is that?
Bella: (squatting down and looking real close) I don't know.
Fred: Is it poop?
Bella: (zooming in real close. Picks it up, smells it, puts it back down) Yep. It's poop. (Walks away)



Only in my family.



PS: To clarify, it was a piece of muck from the barn that I tracked in earlier without realizing. Poop definitely high on the list of ingredients, but it makes me feel slightly better to qualify it in this way.

PPS: Yes, Bella did wash her hands.
Yes, it did get cleaned up.





***************************


Don't forget, I will love you forever if you throw me a vote on Top Mommy Blogs. You know the drill by now, don't you? Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!


***************

In case you didn't know it, I'm like the queen of blog-hoppin' lately. It's kind of like square dancing but without the dated outfits, smelly gym, and elderly caller.

Here's the schedule I keep:
Monday: Homestead Revival's Barn Hop
Tuesday: Heavenly Homemaker's Gratituesday
and Wrinkled Mommy's Tuesday Archive Link-Up
Wednesday: My Life and Kids Finding the Funny
Thursday: A Rural Journal's Rural Thursday Blog Hop
Friday: Deborah Jean's Dandelion House's Farmgirl Friday
Saturday: Camera Critter's Life With Dogs Pet Blogger Hop and Country Momma Cooks Saturday Link-Up

Since today is Friday, that means I'm linking today's post with Deborah Jean's Dandelion House's Farmgirl Friday, but I'll also be linking this same post up with some of the hops listed above in the coming week. Come join the fun!




18 comments:

  1. The other day my dad said something about the truck smelling like sheep poop and coffee. My Mom looks at me and says "two of the basic food groups". Gotta love it:)
    Neighgirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hahaha! That's funny, NeighGirl. Thanks to you and your Mom for the chuckle!

      Delete
  2. LOL!!!
    That is so funny! Kids can be so hillarious...!!! Enjoy your drive with them....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy my drive with them, Crystelle? Clearly you've never been on a long road trip with my kids. Thanks anyway!

      Delete
  3. Love the story and your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. And I love having you here! Thanks for coming by....

      Delete
  4. Such is life. Pee, poop it's all part of it. LOL

    http://theapels.blogspot.com/2012/08/three-books-ill-never-throw-away.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Among other things ;-)
      Thanks for stopping by, Alissa!

      Delete
  5. We had a bit of that on the floor this morning -- one of the dogs was sick. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorites. Did he/she at least clean up after him/herself? 8-)

      Delete
  6. Popped over from the blog hop and had to chuckle at your post. Was curious about your other subjects so checked your links as we've dealt with PTSD and RAD with our oldest daughter from Russia and are still making adjustments with our youngest who at 6 arrived last year from China. Know the challenges and that keeping your sense of humor is the best way to stay sane : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynda, so glad to have you here! Humor is my saving grace when times get tough. Wouldn't make it without it. Looking forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You mean there wasn't a big discussion of who tracked in the poop, complete with finger pointing, yelling,and a check of everyone's shoes to prove who was the offender?? That's the only way questionable clumps of brown get picked up in our house :) Stevie@ruffledfeathersandspilledmilk.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stevie, probably the only thing that saved us from "that" discussion was the fact that I knew that I was the offender!
    Thanks for stopping by, off to check your blog...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...