Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Ooops.

Called the Goodyear a few nights ago to make an appointment to bring my car in for its past-due annual inspection. Asked when I could bring it in. The character on the other end of the line, in a husky yet booming voice, said, "For you? Anytime! Just bring it on in and we'll git 'er dun." Mind you, I hadn't told him who I was, so it was hard to feel flattered over this special treatment.

Nevertheless, I brought my car in the next morning since I had an opening in my calendar. After waiting awhile for the man to finish up his conversation with another customer on the merits of his 4-wheel drive, I handed him my keys and told him I was bringing my car in for inspection. He said, "Weeeeellll. You might be here awhile 'cuz we're pretty full up. Might take a few hours 'fore we can git to it."
"But last night you told me I could bring it in anytime."
"Uh, yeah. Apparently I told that to a lot of people"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...