Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday

Unbelievable.

Just when you think customer service and business integrity are dead, the good people over at Fitbit go and do something like this.

I had been wearing my Fitbit faithfully, 24/7, since I had first taken it out of the package.

Loved. It.

It tracked my steps, my calories burned, my miles walked, my "very active" minutes and even my sleep patterns. It pitted me against a few other gals I had friended through the Fitbit community in a friendly competition which I found very motivating. It was the most useful weight loss tool I had ever encountered.

And then something terrible happened.

I was wearing it in the ocean, because I knew it to be waterproof and I wanted to track my activity while swimming and boogie boarding, and I hadn't seen any cautions against it. Two days in the ocean went fine. Third day was NOT the charm. I got hit hard with a big wave, and off it came. The surf was rougher that day, the water not so clear, and it was gone. My girls and I walked along trying to feel for it with our toes. I searched the beach thinking perhaps it would get washed ashore, but it was gone for good.

When I got back to the house we were staying at, I emailed Fitbit's customer service and explained what happened. I honestly didn't expect to get anywhere.

Much to my surprise, they emailed back the same day. Asked me for some particulars, and by the next day they were informing me they were replacing it for me. I should be receiving it any day now.

Fitbit ROCKS!



Anyway, back to the weight loss portion of this post, I didn't do quite so well at last night's meeting. Still a loss, but only a small one (0.6 pounds). Still, I guess even a small loss when on vacation is good, right? So now it's time to get back on track for a more sizable weight loss next week.

And if my Fitbit comes in soon? It'll be that much easier.





For any of you also on the weight loss path, hope you're doing well. Let me know how things are going for you!

For anyone just joining in, you can read what I've written on this subject previously right here:


Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4



Till next week, happy weight loss!!







*************

Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs? Pretty please? You know the drill by now. Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Cheering you on! I lost 40 lbs. last year, but in a holding pattern for now. I might have to try one of tose fancy tracking devices....sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's impressive! Hopefully I can do the same. Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  2. I've been a happy fitbit customer for a year and a half and I've heard nothing but great things about their customer service. I'm so glad they were able to help you out! I can't imagine another company replacing a lost product like that!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...