Mess and Screen Free Holiday Crafts for Kids
Having craft time with kids usually means a mess, and during the busy holiday season that is not something you want to spend time cleaning up after. However, it wouldn’t be the holidays without some fun themed crafts to go along with it! For mess and screen free fun with your kids, why not try:
1) Felt Tree – I know kids are always trying to play with the Christmas tree and ornaments, so why not give them their own tree to decorate? Cut out a green tree from felt and add some colorful felt ornaments and presents. Hang the tree up on the wall and let kids decorate, redecorate and have fun with that tree to their heart’s content. Nothing messy or dangerous here, just fun!
2) Finger Paint in a Bag – Finger painting is usually a messy proposition, but not this method! All you have to do is put a couple globs of paint in a large gallon Ziploc bag, get the air out, and tape down the edges. Taped to a table, kids can have fun mixing colors and painting without the paint drying out or getting all over!
3)Leaf Wind Catcher – Celebrate the fall with autumn colored leaves! You can use real laves, but that can be messy. Instead, purchase some artificial leaves, a bit of twine, and some beads for color. Have kids string the beads and leaves on the twine and hang for all to see!
4) Overnight Snowflake – This one is fun for kids to watch, though they do not get to participate as much. All you need is some borax, pipe cleaner and thread to make beautiful crystal snowflakes. Just mix borax and water and pour into a mason jar. Drop in your snowflake shaped pipe cleaner (or any shape you want, snowman would be good) and tie a strong around it for easy retrieval. Let it sit overnight and in the morning you will have a sparkly snowflake!
5) St. Nick’s Station – Give the kids something to focus on besides gifts! Take an empty cardboard box and cut doors and windows in it. The kids can pretend they are helping Santa make the gifts and ‘ship’ in all the parts for the toys with their trucks, cars and trains. They can even set up a reindeer landing strip!
6) Sensory Bag – This is a fun craft for the very little ones. Fill a gallon bag with hair gel and assorted small toys (no sharp edges please). Seal up the bag with duct tape and let the babies go to town! They love to feel the squishy against the hard and figure out what each shape in the bag is and how it will move. Mess free and will keep them busy!
These are just a few of the fun, mess and screen free crafts and activities you and your children can do this holiday season. Check online for more great ideas or just come up with your own. There is no limit to the fun you can have!
Nancy Parker was a professional nanny and she loves to write about wide range of subjects like health, parenting, child care, babysitting, nanny, etc.
You can reach her @ nancy.parker015 @ gmail.com.
Read it. Like it? Follow it. Please? Thanks.
(Follow my blog by adding yourself as a follower with Google Friends Connect in my sidebar!)
Don't forget, I will love you forever if you throw me a vote on Top Mommy Blogs. You know the drill by now, don't you? Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.
In case you didn't know it, I'm like the queen of blog-hoppin' lately. It's kind of like square dancing but without the dated outfits, smelly gym, and elderly caller.
Here's the schedule I keep:
Monday: Homestead Revival's Barn Hop, Natural Living Mamma's Natural Living Mondays, The Chicken Chick's Clever Chicks, A Cat-Like Curiosity's Monday Mantras, Ponder Wonder's Soul Food Monday and @ Home Take 2's Mom's Monday Mingle
Tuesday: Heavenly Homemaker's Gratituesday, Crafty Garden Mama's Tuesday Greens, and The Wrinkled Mommy's Tuesday Archive Link-Up
Wednesday: My Life and Kids Finding the Funny, Tilly's Nest's Down Home, and Crafty Spices Wordless Wednesday
Thursday: A Rural Journal's Rural Thursday Blog Hop, and Two In Diapers' Mommy Brain Mixer
Friday: Deborah Jean's Dandelion House's Farmgirl Friday, Fresh Eggs Daily's FarmGirl Friday, Little Becky Homecky's Fantabulous Friday, @Home Take 2's Weekend Blog Walk, and Oh So Amelia's Friday Chaos
Saturday: Camera Critter's Life With Dogs Pet Blogger Hop, and Tutus and Tea Parties' Pinteresting Party.
Since today is Saturday, that means I'm linking up tpday's post with Tutus and Tea Parties' Pinteresting Party, and my post "Time to Say Goodbye"
with Camera Critter's Life With Dogs Pet Blogger Hop, and Country Momma Cooks Saturday Link-Up.
Come join the fun!
I love all your comments,
I read every one!
But I can't hit 'reply',
I've no time for fun.
Please don't judge me,
Please don't hate.
If you have a question that just can't wait,
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org,
And I'll answer right back because I'm, you know, the Mom.