Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Farm Friday: I'm on Christmas Break

Here's a repost from my old blog.
I have ribbons and bows and boxes to put away....



It's Friday. Farm Friday.

But it's been pretty quiet on the farm lately. No injuries or illnesses, no escapees, no births, no deaths.

Maybe I'll just jot down a quick list of what I like about each of the critters. Not as individuals, mind you, but as groups. Just the farm critters, not the dogs and cats and small caged animals.


The Horses

What's not to love about horses, right? Well, except maybe their poop. And their mud. And oh yeah, their burrs.

Still, plenty to love.

I love the way they smell.

I love their sleek coats in the summer and their fuzzy coats in the winter.

I love when they blow their sweet grassy breath into your nose, and their curiosity.

I love to sit on the bare back of my mare Genevieve in the cold weather, not even riding anywhere, just draping myself across her neck and soaking up her warmth.

I love Pippin's doggish friendliness.

I love Finnegan's .... looks. Not much else to like about that one. But he sure is handsome.



The Goats

I love that they will eat anything. I wish my youngest could be so bold in what he chooses to eat.

I love that they keep the grass and weeds down in the boggier parts of our property that would suck a tractor up and never say a word about it.

I love that they mow the steep hillside we can't take the tractor onto without fear of it taking a swan dive into the pond.

I love how they come running over to the deck when you call them for some goodies.

I love their absolute adorableness.



The Rabbits

OK, they have no purpose, I'll admit it. They're just so stinkin' cute. Especially Alice, our soft grey Flemish Giant who is roughly the size of a Springer Spaniel.



Our Chickens

Our only "productive" farm animals.

I love the clucks and chatters of my sweet hens.

I love their good looks.

I love their soft, glossy backs.

I love the out-of-this-world-fresh-and-yummy eggs they give us every day without fail.









































How about you?  If you have farm critters, what's your favorite kind?



************

Read it.
Like it?
Follow it.
Please?
Thanks.
(Follow my blog by adding yourself as a follower with Google Friends Connect in my sidebar!)


***************************


Don't forget, I will love you forever if you throw me a vote on Top Mommy Blogs. You know the drill by now, don't you? Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!

***************

In case you didn't know it, I'm like the queen of blog-hoppin' lately. It's kind of like square dancing but without the dated outfits, smelly gym, and elderly caller. You can find my full schedule in my sidebar, come join the fun!


****************

Rudeness disclaimer:

I love all your comments,
I read every one!
But I can't hit 'reply',
I've no time for fun.
Please don't judge me,
Please don't hate.
If you have a question that just can't wait,
Send me an email at farmbeachgal@yahoo.com,
And I'll answer right back because I'm, you know, the Mom.

7 comments:

  1. I was cracking up reading the part about Finnegan! I'm a little jealous of your giant rabbits -- I've always wanted one!

    New follower from the Weekend Blog Walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss having farm animals as I was raised on a farm . I love them all to . Have a Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how wonderful to have all of these great farm animals!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Always glad to have folks stop in and comment.

    XOXOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a happy flock! I'm glad yours have been laying because mine have been on vacation!
    Thank you for linking up with the Clever Chicks again this week.
    Happy New Year!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the new comments, guys. Kathy, I wish I could say mine were still laying, but this is an older post. I'm only getting 1 - 2 eggs a day now. Bwah!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...