Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday Social - Cindy

Next one down on my siggy line...

Anne,
Wife of Fred for 23 years
Mom of:
Patrick (16)
James (16)
Rosie (14)
Bella(14)
Julie (13)
Daniel (12)
My children around the world:
Milly in Taiwan
Eun Hae in South Korea
Felice in Hong Kong
Nadya in Germany
Obrin in New York
And our critters Blue, Sunny, Cindy-Lou, Annabelle, Fiona, and Sophie; Mamfy, Mali and Punkin; Nick; Frog 1 and Horny Toad; Charlie and Dizzy; Minnie and Alice; Elfie, Frex, Crope, Tibbit and Ozzy; Genevieve, Pippin and Finnegan; and a dozen or so chooks.

I'd like to ask God why He allows
hunger, poverty, and injustice
in the world,but I'd be afraid
He'd ask me the same thing ...



Is Cindy.
















Cindy is pretty new to our family. In fact, we've had her almost exactly one year, as she was a Christmas gift to Bellalast year.

See, the farm down the street from us where I used to get my eggs before I got chickens had these cute little dogs that would run out to greet me everytime I pulled up. And the times Bella came with me, she was just nuts over these dogs. And then I got to thinkin. Bella would just love one of these. So one day I asked Sarah about them, and she told me they still had a couple puppies left over from their summer litter. So I took a look at them and decided on a little female, and arranged to get her on Christmas morning. And after the kids were all done opening their gifts and things were settling down, I told Bella to have a seat and close her eyes, and then I brought little Cindy up and placed her in her arms. When Bella saw her, she just cried and cried with happiness, and they've been inseparable ever since.

I was told they were fox terriers, but all the pictures I've seen online are telling me she's a rat terrier.

All I truly know is she is a fiesty little so-n-so. She loves everyone in her family but hates anyone who is not. She barks, she nips, she lets you know in no uncertain terms you are not welcome. She knows no tricks, she is not obedient.

Her chief occupation is chew toy to our puppy Fiona. When Fiona first arrived on the scene, she was only Cindy's size, and they played together non-stop. Now Fiona towers over Cindy and is about quadruple her weight, but they still race and wrestle constantly. And I'm here to tell ya', Cindy can hold her own. Ain't nothin can take her down.

Nevertheless, she is still a cuddlebug. She wakes Bella up every morning with kisses and wiggles, and she jumps up and paws at the legs of all her human family to say hello to each and everyone of them throughout the day.

Pain in the tush, that one. But she's our little Cindy Lou Who. We'll keep her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...