Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Tiquin'

I love window-shopping for antiques.

Otherwise known as antiquing.

Or, when I can't be bothered to form three full syllables, tiquin'.






I got the chance to go tiquin' a couple days ago, and I was in heaven.






I got to see some really cool old pieces.


Folk-art and rugs.


Creepy things that ought never to have been created.



Paintings of unfortunate looking people.

Artwork that caused a thin spittle of drool to run down from the corners of my mouth. I felt something akin to hunger pangs when I gazed upon them. It was like looking through the window of a pastry shop. I wanted to cry out, "I'll take the lot!", but alas, I have children to feed.















I don't know if you know this about me, but I am fortunate enough to live near the Brandywine Valley area of PA. Steeped in history it is.
And it is birthplace and home of the Wyeths.

You know.

Jamie.


N.C.






Andrew.




























Andrew, Andrew, Andrew.






























I love you.

Will you marry me?

It won't bother me that you're dead.

It won't bother me that you would be 94 if you weren't dead.





I love you.




*************

PS: I apologize for the poor quality of these pictures.
They were taken with my phone.
I do not have an iPhone

waits for the gasps to die down

When I was in college and worked at a bank, I had an older colleague by the name of Lillian who had a phrase: "The only cloth coat in a room of furs".

That's me and my phone. The cloth coat.


**************


PPS: Although I am a fan of Andrew Wyeth's, I will have the honesty to admit to you that I could not be certain if he was dead or alive (if I'd had to bet, I'da put money on dead). Lucky for you, I know how to use the Google on the internet machine so I could do some fact-checking, and I learned that he passed on three years ago at the age of 91.


Integrity. It's my middle name.


*************


Don't forget, I will love you forever if you throw me a vote on Top Mommy Blogs. You know the drill by now, don't you? Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!


***************

In case you didn't know it, I'm like the queen of blog-hoppin' lately. It's kind of like square dancing but without the dated outfits, smelly gym, and elderly caller.

Here's the schedule I keep:
Monday: Homestead Revival's Barn Hop and A Cat-Like Curiosity's Monday Mantras.
Tuesday: Heavenly Homemaker's Gratituesday
and Wrinkled Mommy's Tuesday Archive Link-Up
Wednesday: My Life and Kids Finding the Funny
Thursday: A Rural Journal's Rural Thursday Blog Hop
Friday: Deborah Jean's Dandelion House's Farmgirl Friday
Saturday: Camera Critter's Life With Dogs Pet Blogger Hop and Country Momma Cooks Saturday Link-Up

Since today is Saturday, that means I'm linking my post "Expiration Casserole" with Country Momma Cooks Saturday Link-Up, and with Camera Critter's Life With Dogs Pet Blogger Hop.
Come join the fun!








8 comments:

  1. Well, I learned something new from you today. Had no idea he was dead. I feel smarter already.

    I love love love, can I say it again, love the picture of the chickens and the rabbits. Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it amazing? If only I'd had a few (thousand) dollars in my pocket that day, the things I would have come home with....

      Delete
  2. Gosh, I haven't been antiquing in ages and I used to love it. Thanks for the fun post. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it so. I just wish I could afford to BUY some of the things I fall in love with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will do one better, I truly never heard of him before your post, but you sure did teach me a bit here and loved how you would marry him dead or alive!! :) #TALU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew Wyeth was one of my mother's favorite artists. By the way, her name was Lillian. TALU

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one of the bazillion things I miss about my Dad - going antiquing together. It was always an education when I was with him. He would explain all the crazy contraptions I couldn't figure out. I have one silly antiquing "passed on" regret. When I first moved to New Orleans, I was poking around and saw a BEAUTIFUL oil painting that cracked me up but I didn't have the money to waste at the time. It was an ancient ocean scene with a huge ship sailing over the edge of the water with the caption - SEE, I told you the world was flat!! I regretted passing on that so much that I went back to try and find it again but never did. :( [#TALU]

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh I love antiquing. Great photos, even with the phone!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...