Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Bunny Day

First comes decorating the Easter baskets ....


Next comes dying the eggs....


Looks like the Easter Bunny exploded. This is what Easter baskets for 10 looks like.


Happy Easter, Julie!


The hunt is on ....




So kids, let Mommy explain to you all about Easter. Jesus died on the cross for your sins.
Well, no, I know you weren't around back then, not your sins specifically. But He just did.
Then He rose from the dead.
No, not like a zombie.
He just did.
We decorate Easter baskets and dye eggs real pretty to symbolize springtime and new life.
Yes, I know Jesus was born on Christmas, but we celebrate new life at Easter. After He died.
We just do.
We eat chocolate eggs because .....
Well I don't know why exactly, but aren't they yummy? Don't touch that, you've got chocolate all over your hands.
OK, now let's all go outside and find the candy-filled Easter eggs that the Easter Bunny hid in the yard. Hmmmm? He's a giant bunny that brings candy to good boys and girls. No, honey, don't look afraid, he's a good giant bunny. No, he didn't rise from the dead. No, he's not related to Jesus.
Here, have some more chocolate and let Mommy go lie down for a little while.

2 comments:

  1. hummmmmmmmmmm.....I think I am confused, so can I have some chocolate and go lie down for a while. Looks like you all had a great Easter together...tell all my peeps I said hello with much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh! I love this!!! :) I had to read it out loud to my mom who was visiting. She said it belongs in reader's digest or something!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...