Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Quesadillas

I have another recipe for you today.

One of my kids' favorites, and it's pretty easy.

Quesadillas!

I'm sure there are a million ways to make them, but I'm just going to give you one. Don't be afraid to play around and change things up!


Ingredients
Tortillas
Chicken, cooked and shredded
Butter
Cheddar cheese, grated
Onion, diced
Pepper, green or red, diced
Chicken taco seasoning packets
Water
Sour cream (optional)
Diced tomatoes (optional)


A few quick tips and things before the instructions
*Each seasoning packet is usually enough for 1 cup of chicken. For my big crew, I use 3 or 4 cups of chicken, so 3 or 4 seasoning packets.
*If you feel in the mood to make these, but you don't have any of the seasoning packets, you can substitute salsa.
*Each tortilla will make 3 quesadillas. I think I usually use about 12 - 16 tortillas.
*Every now and then I have a lull in the pace, and I'll throw a whole chicken in the crock pot and cook it up. Once it's cooled some, I pick the meat off the bones and shred it by placing it in the Kitchen Aid mixer with the mixing blade. Then I pulse it some, and mix it slowly till it's shredded. Works great! Then I bag it in a ziplock and store it in the freezer to have on the ready for casseroles or quesadillas.


Instructions
*Cook the diced onion and pepper in a big frying pan with some oil and some butter.
*When it's tender, add the cooked chicken, plus the packets of seasoning mix and however much water it tells you to add.
*Cook it for a few minutes till it's mixed well, and nice and bubbly.
*On a heated griddle or large skillet, melt some butter. Place as many tortillas as you can fit at once. I have a huge griddle, and can fit four tortillas.
*Place a few spoonfuls of the chicken mixture on half of each tortilla. Top with cheese.
*After a couple minnutes, use a spatula to fold each tortilla in half (like an omelette).
*Wait another minute and then remove to a cutting board. I like to put two of these "half-moons" back to back with each other.
*Use a pizza cutter to cut them into six wedges, three wedges per tortilla. Just like cutting a six-slice pizza.
*Remove to a plate and keep going with the others till you're done.
*Have some diced fresh tomatoes and some sour cream on hand to place on top for those who want it. Yes please!


And that's about it.  Like I said, pretty easy, and they move like hotcakes.

Enjoy!!!









*************

Throw me a vote? You know the drill by now. Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!


*************

Check out my blog-hoppin' schedule in my sidebar, and come join the fun!

*************

Rudeness disclaimer:

I love all your comments,
I read every one!
But I can't hit 'reply',
I've no time for fun.
Please don't judge me,
Please don't hate.
If you have a question that just can't wait,
Send me an email at farmbeachgal@yahoo.com,
And I'll answer right back because I'm, you know, the Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...