I've been making these cookies for about 20 years, and I am here to tell you they are The. Best.
First the recipe, then a few tips.
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c granulated sugar
1 box (3.5 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 c flour
1 tsp bkg soda
1 tsp salt
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cream the softened butter with the sugars, pudding mix, and vanilla.
Add the eggs and mix well.
In a measuring cup or bowl, combine the flour, salt, and soda.
Gradually mix into the butter/sugar mixture and beat well.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 375 for 9 - 10 minutes, or till lightly browned.
Makes about 4 dozen with a little left over dough for shamelssly stuffing in your face.
Raw cookie dough, schmaw schmookie dough, that's what I say.
1) Set the butter out several hours ahead to soften. But if alls-a-sudden you get the hankerin' for these babies and just can't wait, I'll not judge. Just put the butter in the microwave, and set on the defrost setting. That will soften the butter instead of just melting it, and you'll thank me.
2) Cream the butter and sugars really well, till it's light and fluffy.
3) The chocolate chips? Don't skimp. Use the good stuff. No generic chips in this recipe!
4) Do you have a cookie dough baller? No? Get one! I never had one growing up. Never even knew they existed! But now I have one. Magical things. If you don't have one, treat yourself.
5) Best to take the cookies out when they still look a little underdone, b/c they'll bake a bit more on the cookie sheets once out.
6) Prepare yourself for making these. A. Lot. Because everyone is going to ask you to make them for the rest of your life.
Image source: www.onecountryshop.com
Don't forget, I will love you forever if you throw me a vote on Top Mommy Blogs. You know the drill by now, don't you? Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.
Check out my blog-hoppin' schedule in my sidebar, and come join the fun!
I love all your comments,
I read every one!
But I can't hit 'reply',
I've no time for fun.
Please don't judge me,
Please don't hate.
If you have a question that just can't wait,
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org,
And I'll answer right back because I'm, you know, the Mom.