Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

I-Need-Therapy-Thursday: Sign of the Times.

My son Patrick got one of his favorite shows - Arrested Development - as a DVD collection for Christmas.


I had never seen it before, but he kept telling me how great it was, so I sat down to watch some of it with him.

And it really is amazing. Very funny. Very clever. And I love Jason Bateman, so there's that.



Anyway, the point of this post, I'm getting to it.

So I see one of the actors is Portia de Rossi, and I say,

Oh, that's Ellen's wife.

And Patrick says,

Who?

And I say,

Portia de Rossi. That's Ellen's wife.

And he says,

Ellen who?

And I say,

Ellen DeGeneres.

And he says,

I didn't know she was....

And I sit up, ready to do battle with my 17 year old son about gay rights and how marriage is about love and committment and what difference does it make who....

...married.

And he went right back to watching the show without a hitch in his stride.



Sign of the times.

Love it.....






Image courtesy: theatlantic.com



*********************


Don't forget to vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs! Just click on this brown button with the juggling chick. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!


***************

In case you didn't know it, I'm like the queen of blog-hoppin' lately. It's kind of like square dancing but without the dated outfits, smelly gym, and elderly caller.

Check out my full schedule over in my sidebar, and come join the fun!

*************

Rudeness disclaimer:

I love all your comments,
I read every one!
But I can't hit 'reply',
I've no time for fun.
Please don't judge me,
Please don't hate.
If you have a question that just can't wait,
Send me an email at farmbeachgal@yahoo.com,
And I'll answer right back because I'm, you know, the Mom.

9 comments:

  1. Too right - everything has changed, and not necessarily always for the best (or worst, I supposed!) All one can do is one's best for the younger generation and then hope that, as years go by, sense will return. I'm ahead of you, by some years, and have proved it can, and does, with my two girls (both nearly in their 40's!) Patience is the watchword.

    Happy New Year. Isobel: www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. I love Arrested Development. They are coming out with a new season on Netflix in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son has good taste! Back when it first aired, Arrested Development was known as the best show that no one was watching. I loved it! I didn't realize that was Portia was in it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never actually watched this show either, but need to since so many of my favorite actors & actresses are in it. Love how your son just rolled with it--sign of the times indeed! Visiting today via the Mommy Brain Mixer, though love checking in whenever I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Hey...I have a blog too and am always seeing your blog on the lists where mine is. Anyway, I came to pay you a visit. You're a very funny writer. Good luck with all! My site is McKinney Mommas if you want to come visit too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forget Arrested Development...

    I'm more impressed that you only need therapy on Thursdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I watched it with my husband way back when, but love how your son had no clue who Ellen was. Seriously, this is how I felt many days teaching middle school kids, who knew nothing, but boy bands, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by, folks.
    April, thanks for the invite -- I joined the hop!
    McKinney, I stopped in to your blog. Love it!
    Susie. Sweet, misguided Susie. Thursday is certainly NOT the only day of the week I need therapy. Not by a long shot. But a girl's gotta have SOME alliteration in her life, doesn't she?
    8-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...