Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Chicken-Scratch-Saturday: Swimsuits and Mittens

I know I'm posting this tip a little late in the season, but better late than never I always say.

I keep one of those Rubbermaid bins in my coat room/mud room. It has three big drawers in it.

In the summer, the drawers holds all the bathing suits and cover ups. One drawer for Mom and Dad, one for the boys, and one for the girls.

In the winter, I switch them all out so that one drawer holds mittens and gloves, one holds scarves, and one holds hats.

Every time I do the switch-over, I check for stuff that's outgrown, ripped and torn, or missing its mitten-mate. Then I throw away and donate accordingly, and store the rest up in the attic.

I also keep one of those laundry-drying racks and a bunch of clothespins in the same room, and it sees use both summer and winter. In the summer, we hang our wet bathing suits on it, and in the winter, we hang our wet gloves and hats.



Hope this helps!



********************


Don't forget to vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs! Just click on this brown button with the juggling chick. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!


***************

In case you didn't know it, I'm like the queen of blog-hoppin' lately. It's kind of like square dancing but without the dated outfits, smelly gym, and elderly caller.

Check out my full schedule over in my sidebar, and come join the fun!

*************

Rudeness disclaimer:

I love all your comments,
I read every one!
But I can't hit 'reply',
I've no time for fun.
Please don't judge me,
Please don't hate.
If you have a question that just can't wait,
Send me an email at farmbeachgal@yahoo.com,
And I'll answer right back because I'm, you know, the Mom.

5 comments:

  1. that is exactly what we do! I have baskets and we switch out the seasons....works well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! Thank you.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I will have to get one of those bin things. Thanks for sharing this great tips!

    Visiting and following back from Snack Cups and Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming by, folks. Glad you found it helpful.

    Have a good one!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...