Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Chicken-Scratch-Saturday: Guest Post on "The Perks of a Pet"

Today I have a wonderfully eye-catching guest-post on "The Perks of a Pet", created by Allison Morris for Masters in Health Care.


The Perks of a Pet

If you’re a pet owner, chances are your Fluffy or Fido is one of your best friends in the world. Pets can definitely make your life a little bit sweeter, but what you may not realize is that they can also make your life a little bit healthier. If your health is important to you—and it probably is—then you might think about picking up a new furry best friend.

Depending on your health needs, either a dog or a cat can prove equally beneficial in many ways. Need a little more exercise in your life? Dog owners walk, on average, nearly twice as far as non-dog owners do in a given week. Or if it’s a cat you crave, your feline friend can drastically reduce your stress levels. People who have owned pets in their lifetime actually tend to live longer than those who haven’t.

If you’re pursuing a degree in healthcare, chances are that when you enter the field, you’ll be able to tell a difference between the states of health of people with pets and those without. The following infographic takes a look at just how having a furry friend makes life happier, healthier, and a whole lot better.


Perks of Pets Infographic


*********************


Don't forget to vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs! Just click on this brown button with the juggling chick. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!


***************

In case you didn't know it, I'm like the queen of blog-hoppin' lately. It's kind of like square dancing but without the dated outfits, smelly gym, and elderly caller. Check out my full schedule over in my sidebar and come join the fun!

*************

Rudeness disclaimer:

I love all your comments,
I read every one!
But I can't hit 'reply',
I've no time for fun.
Please don't judge me,
Please don't hate.
If you have a question that just can't wait,
Send me an email at farmbeachgal@yahoo.com,
And I'll answer right back because I'm, you know, the Mom.

7 comments:

  1. SO TRUE! I can't imagine my life with out animals or children. Many of the parents of my children's friends would not even let them have a gold fish because of "germs"! So they came to my house, and got loaded full of germs...and lots of smiles too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had pets all my life. They had so much to it,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post!! - My Great Pyr is 7 years old and has had 3 surgeries in his lifetime - but I wouldn't have traded him in for anything - he is so worth it & brings me so much joy!!
    I'm stopping by from Sunday Sync blog hop.
    Thanks
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! There have been difficult times in my life that I don't think I could have made it through as well as I did if it wasn't for my dogs. Cassie helped me through a turbulent childhood, Smokey was a great guard dog for a single woman, Sephi helped me through a difficult divorce, Maya & Pierson help me stay in shape and get through the rough days of fibromyalgia. I wouldn't give them up for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog Anne! We also have a small farm and lots of pets. I'm really looking forward to reading more. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I'm so happy I found yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am an animal lover too....my pets have always been rescues from shelters. Currently we have 6 cats and 1 dog. Am not surprised your family is such a happy one! I voted for your blog because of this post...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this post!!!!!! It's sooo true!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! I'm looking forward to seeing what you link up this evening! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...