Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Fostering Families

Although this IS a picture, it's hardly a Wordless Wednesday.

I have another essay published!

Fostering Families Today saw fit to print a piece I wrote called "The Attachment Tree". If that sounds familiar, you might have seen it when I posted it on my old blog.











































And the icing on the cake? My essay is in the same issue as an article by none other than Gregory Keck, my hero in attachment. Mr. Keck is the founder of the Attachment and Bonding Center in Ohio, and author of several wonderful books, including "Parenting the Hurt Child".
To see something I wrote just a few pages after something he wrote is a pretty big deal to me. I'm like, all goose-bumpy.



Anyone involved with adopted children or foster children should check out this magazine. It is a very valuable resource!








Magazine cover image courtesy: coverstand.com


************

Read it. Like it? Follow it. Please? Thanks.
(Follow my blog by adding yourself as a follower with Google Friends Connect in my sidebar!)


***********

Don't forget, I will love you forever if you throw me a vote on Top Mommy Blogs. You know the drill by now, don't you? Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!


*************

For my full blog-hop schedule, see the list in my sidebar, but since it's Wednesday, that means today I'm linking up with Crafty Spices Wordless Wednesday, Tilly's Nest's Down Home;and My Life and Kids Finding the Funny.

*************

Rudeness disclaimer:

I love all your comments,
I read every one!
But I can't hit 'reply',
I've no time for fun.
Please don't judge me,
Please don't hate.
If you have a question that just can't wait,
Send me an email at farmbeachgal@yahoo.com,
And I'll answer right back because I'm, you know, the Mom.





5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is a huge deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done - it's always great to see one's stuff published and even better when it's in proximity to someone whom you admire!

    Always admire folks like you who provide such family life for life's unlucky kids!

    All the best. Isobel from www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed your blog post at Blogher Site over to your blog. LOVE THIS!!! Wonderful to connect with you on your blogsite to find we have much in common.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by and for leaving comments! Thanks for your kind words, they mean so much!
    Bren, you've got me curious now. What do we have in common? Off to see if I can find out more about "who you are"!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...