Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Chicken-Scratch-Saturday: Holiday Pillows!

[Posted this last year on my old blog]



Last year, I read from Stacey on her blog I'm a Lazy Mom, this amazing idea of using Christmas placemats to sew together into throw pillows. She got the idea from Traci Romine at Decorating the Lazy Mom Way.

Wherever it came from, I love it.

So when I went on my annual day-after Christmas sale for next year's wrapping paper, I saw this set of two Christmas kitchen hand towels on sale for $2.50. Brought 'em home, sewed 'em up with some old pillow forms I had lying around, and voila, two of the cutest little Christmassy throw pillows you've ever seen in no time flat.
[That plain red one is one of our regular pillows]























Thank you Stacey. Thank you Traci. I love my new pillows!




*********************


Don't forget to vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs! Just click on this brown button with the juggling chick. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!


***************

In case you didn't know it, I'm like the queen of blog-hoppin' lately. It's kind of like square dancing but without the dated outfits, smelly gym, and elderly caller.

Since today is Saturday, that means I'm linking up with:

Camera Critter's Life With Dogs Pet Blogger Hop
Tutus and Tea Parties' Pinteresting Party

Check out my full schedule over in my sidebar.

Come join the fun!

*************

Rudeness disclaimer:

I love all your comments,
I read every one!
But I can't hit 'reply',
I've no time for fun.
Please don't judge me,
Please don't hate.
If you have a question that just can't wait,
Send me an email at farmbeachgal@yahoo.com,
And I'll answer right back because I'm, you know, the Mom.

12 comments:

  1. Love the pillow!! Thanks for commenting on my hand painted pillows a few weeks back. I love your "can't hit reply" disclaimer! lol At least I know you understand why it took me so long to reply. :) Have a wonderful Christmas! - Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea!

    I'm holding my very first giveaway today if you would like to come take a peek! I think you might like this one Anne. ;-)
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillow is very beautiful Anne! Thanks a lot for sharing and for coming by TESHUVA, do have a super blessed weekend.
    Following you now.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your website in Firefox, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some
    overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads
    up! Other then that, very good blog!
    Also visit my webpage - borkum riff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys, thanks for stopping by. Glad you liked the pillows. Jamie, thanks for the heads-up on the giveaway, will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne,

    Thanks for visiting me at crispy Shipley. I love this idea! I would have never thought to use

    ReplyDelete
  7. They don't look like chicken scratch to me. You did an excellent job! TALU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I think even I could manage to pull that one off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite combo: Creative and Cheap! TALU-ho, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are cute! And they go so well with your decor. (another TALU visitor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anne, this is such a great and simple idea. I wouls like to feature it tomorrow on my blog in a DIY holiday craft post I'm doing. hope that's okay. thank for linking up to the Empowered Living hop

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...