Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Midweek Date for a 40-Something House Frau

Shower. Extra throughly.

Shaving.

And grooming.
*ahem*

Lotion.

Smell nice.

Good bra. Best underwear. Must match!

Nice outfit. Not dressy, but not toddlers playdate at the playground, either.
*not that I'm going to be seen wearing the clothes*

Make-up. Cover up those eyebags. Little eyeliner. Lipstick? Go for it.

Hair.

Mirror check.

All set.


















For the gynecologist.






Image courtesy: myportlandphotographer.com

****************************


Don't forget, I will love you forever if you throw me a vote on Top Mommy Blogs. You know the drill by now, don't you? Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!




***************

In case you didn't know it, I'm like the queen of blog-hoppin' lately. It's kind of like square dancing but without the dated outfits, smelly gym, and elderly caller.

Here's the schedule I keep:
Monday: Homestead Revival's Barn Hop and A Cat-Like Curiosity's Monday Mantras.
Tuesday: Heavenly Homemaker's Gratituesday
and Wrinkled Mommy's Tuesday Archive Link-Up
Wednesday: My Life and Kids Finding the Funny
Thursday: A Rural Journal's Rural Thursday Blog Hop, and the Mommy-Brain Mixer at Two in Diapers
Friday: Deborah Jean's Dandelion House's Farmgirl Friday
Saturday: Camera Critter's Life With Dogs Pet Blogger Hop and Country Momma Cooks Saturday Link-Up

Since today is Thursday, that means I'm linking my post "Pumpkins. Bleh." with A Rural Journal's Rural Thursday Blog Hop, and "Parallel Universe" with the Mommy-Brain Mixer at Two in Diapers.



Come join the fun!





23 comments:

  1. Ha! That is hilarious, mostly because it is completely true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Coop. Guess you've BTDT too, huh? Haven't we all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOL.. Very very true.. I love this post.. Really awesome.. Stopping in to officially follow along (couldn't find your like button on facebook so I'm here instead :)).. Excited to get to read more.. Wishing you a beautiful day.. xo.. Mariyn via http://www.theartsygirlconnection.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. So glad to have you as a new follower! Getting close to 200, which will be a big deal for me, so thanks for helping to make that happen.
      Off to check yours out!

      Delete
  4. heeheehee - Hey you gotta do what you gotta do. I seem to do the same grooming ritual when I have a date with the gyno. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I think the truth is what makes it funny, right, Camille?

      Delete
  6. so funny..i thought you were talking about "date night" with hubby...i was like "wow, she is really sharing..."lol..lol..lol"

    HI-LARIOUS!!!!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post--you had me at the end--didn't see that coming and I almost spit out my drink laughing when I read it! Hilarious!! New GFC follower from the chaos blog hop. Would love it if you could visit my humorous blog site and follow me back--I'd be super grateful if yo could. Thanks for sharing! http://Menopausalmother.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MM, glad you enjoyed it. If I can make someone spit out their drink, then my work here is done.

      Thanks so much for the follow; off to check yours out now.

      Delete
  8. Funny post. And the matching bra/undies? Yep, that's me.

    Following you through email subscription!

    Thanks for linking up yesterday for the blog hop!

    xo
    SEL [co-host]
    growinglaughingandlovinginlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, SEL! And thank you for hosting! And for following! Yay you!

      Delete
  9. Gotta love a surprise ending. LOL. Just so long as hubs didn't read it and think hey wait a minute, she doesn't do all that for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, one can spend (waste?) a lot of time doing these link ups - but doesn't one have fun! This is the first time I've spent as long checking on others who have joined the TALU link this week. Am also inviting folks to visit my blog sometime - soon I hope. Meanwhile, must go and do some real work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. (reply button not working)

    @Chris: "Lucyyyy, you got some 'splainin' to do!"

    @Isobel: No, not waste!! Never waste! Haha. Seriously, so glad you could bounce around and meet some other bloggers. Off to see if I can find yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ A Nest: Glad you liked!
    @ Jen: Isn't it, though?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing! I've definitely done that before.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...