Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

That's My Girl!

So if you stopped in yesterday, you saw a picture of my beautiful daughter Rosie all gussied up for the 8th grade graduation dinner dance (she's on the left, in pink)













Fred didn't get home till after she left for the dance, so he was really looking forward to when she returned home, so he could see how pretty she looked.

I had showed him the pictures on the computer, and we were shaking our heads in disbelief at how grown up she had become, how elegant she looked.

The time finally arrived. From the dogs barking, we knew she had gotten dropped off from her ride.

We heard her shoes clip-clopping as she ran along the deck to the kitchen door.

The door opened and she swirled in in a heartbeat, her cheeks flushed and her dress billowing all around her.

She was a vision of feminine grace.

Fred: Rosie, you look beautiful! How was the dance?
Me: Yes, come sit down and tell us all about it!
Rosie: Can't now. I gotta go change so I can hunt rats with Garrett and James in the barn! Here, hold my fish....

And she was gone. And I was left, quite literally, holding the bag (of the beta fish she won at the dance).



Fred (to me): The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?



***************



Thanks for stopping by!
~Anne


Hey, guess what? Someone nominated my blog for the Circle of Moms Top 25 Moms of Teens Blog contest! You can vote for me every day till June something (20th?) by clicking on the Circle of Moms badge in my sidebar on the right, then scrolling down till you find my blog, then click on the thumbs-up button. Easy peasy. And while you're there? Give a vote to my friend Samantha from My Barefoot Farm. Thanks to whomever nominated me, and thanks to everyone for your votes!


And of course, as always, throw me a vote on Top Mommy Blogs? Just one click of this button (below) and you've voted. You can vote every day!

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...