Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Social - Elfie

Next one down on my siggy line...

Anne,
Wife of Fred for 23 years
Mom of:
Patrick (17)
James (17)
Rosie (14)
Bella(14)
Julie (13)
Daniel (12)
My children around the world:
Milly in Taiwan
Eun Hae in South Korea
Felice in Hong Kong
Nadya in Germany
Obrin in New York
And our critters Blue, Sunny, Cindy-Lou, Annabelle, Fiona, and Sophie; Mamfy, Mali, Milky and Punkin; Nick; Frog 1; Charlie and Dizzy; Minnie and Alice; Elfie, Frex, Crope, Tibbett and Ozzy; Genevieve, Pippin and Finnegan; and a dozen or so chooks.

I'd like to ask God why He allows
hunger, poverty, and injustice
in the world,but I'd be afraid
He'd ask me the same thing ...





Is Elfie.
















Elfie was one of the four goats we got when we bought our little goat herd from the rescue group. The only doe among the group, she came with a bit of a bonus: she was pregnant. A few months later, she produced gorgeous ebony and ivory twin kids.

We (meaning I) named her Elphaba, because I had just finished reading the book Wicked, and decided to go with a whole name theme. I had Elphaba, Frex, Crope and Tibbett.

Elfie is my sweetest goatie. If I'm in the barn or in the field, she's right there beside me, trying to eat my shirt. If I have some banana peels or pizza crusts to throw out to the goats from the deck, all I have to do is yell her name, and she comes running over as fast as her short little legs can take her, with the rest of the herd in close pursuit.

She had a bad case of mastitis once, and I had to treat her with hot compresses and udder massages.

We're very close, she and I.







We can be very close, too. Just click this button to vote for me.
(No, I will not massage your udder if you vote for me.)
Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...