Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Day at the Beach

I'm on vacation.


I'm far, far away in the Outer Banks.


And this vacation could not have been better timed.


We found a wonderful house about three houses from the beach. It has enough beds to sleep all 13 of us (our family plus two bffs,  plus sister, brother-in-law and little nephew), and decks that overlook the ocean. The rooftop deck? Little piece of heaven right there.


We have been beach-sitting, boogie boarding, surfing, walking, bike-riding, card-playing, beach-driving, horse-watching, light-house-climbing, pancake-eating, and in general just having an amazing, beachy-good time.



































As I right this, I am sitting on the deck in an Adirondack rocker while a couple of the kids are cooking dinner. I have a glass of wine on the table next to me, the seabreeze in my salty hair, and the sound of the ocean soothing my soul.




I could get used to this....



*************

Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs? Pretty please? You know the drill by now. Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...