Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Farm Friday

Nothing new in the farming department, but I'm tired of reposting old stuff.

I do have two small updates for you, so I'll just share them.


Like Miss Kitty, our little pregnant stray.

No kittens yet, but she continues to amaze me at how large her belly is capable of growing.




You may notice she now appears to be inside the house instead of on the porch.
That's because she's, well, inside the house.
Yes, I'm a sucker.



The other update is our fence.

Our neighbors that adjoin our lower field had torn down our hedgerow and ramshackle fence, with the promise of erecting a new wooden post and rail fence. I was thrilled, because it meant a nice new fence at zero cost to us.

And yet, that was two years ago.

Which means we haven't been able to use that field at all because there is nothing to contain the critters.

So just a few days ago I said to Fred, I said, I'm going to go out and get me a whole bunch of t-posts and barbed wire and start putting that up just to put the fear of God in them.

Well, they must have heard me, because I came home from work a couple days ago and saw their fence had been started. It's still got many yards to go before it's all fenced in, but it looks like they've got all the lumber laid out and ready to finish.

So it appears that very soon I shall be able to open the gate and let the horses in to graze on that long, luscious grass that hasn't been munched on in a couple years.

They will be very happy.

It's the stuff of dreams.

If you're a horse.



Anyway, here's hoping that the next installment of Farm Friday will have pictures of newborn kitties and pictures of happy horses.

Have a great weekend!



*************

Throw me a vote? You know the drill by now. Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!


*************

Check out my blog-hoppin' schedule in my sidebar, and come join the fun!

*************

Rudeness disclaimer:

I love all your comments,
I read every one!
But I can't hit 'reply',
I've no time for fun.
Please don't judge me,
Please don't hate.
If you have a question that just can't wait,
Send me an email at farmbeachgal@yahoo.com,
And I'll answer right back because I'm, you know, the Mom.

8 comments:

  1. Awwwww, Kitty looks ready to pop!
    Neighgirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did you have to put up the barbed wire to get them to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks ready to pop anytime. Mine always wanted in the house around us when they gave birth. It makes them feel safe and no fears of other animals getting them while they weak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think our stray may be pregnant too! She will stay outside though since she's not as friendly as she should be to come in. We've made sure to fix the other stray females but this one slipped in unannounced! Good luck with the kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the kittens. I do hope momma can stay in while she is caring for her little family. She will feel much safer if she is protected from the wildlife. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cat looks a lot like mine - although mine is not pregnant. What fun when they arrive. You will have to share kitten pictures.
    I am your newest GFC.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I felt more comfortable having her indoors for the big event. And she's so very friendly, sweet little thing. We'll be taking her to get spayed at some point afterwards. Wish I could find her owners.

    Sista, no need for the barbed wire, just "barbed wire vibes" was all it took!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you took Miss Kitty in. :) Thanks for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop!
    Hope to see you again today. :)
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/04/the-creative-homeacre13.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...