Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

How Do I Get Myself Into These Situations?

I am sitting on the floor of the Hen House.
I am spoon-feeding Greek yogurt to my rooster.
I am sponging water into his beak.
I am applying Neosporin to his hen-pecked backside.
I am tucking him back into his box of straw and covering him up for the night.

How do I get myself into these situations?

The morning after his initial "injury", he seemed fit as a fiddle. He had gotten himself out of his little rehab hospital and was struttin' about.

So I left him out.

But when I checked on him a few hours later, he looked like death warmed over.

The hens had been at him BIG time.

So back into rehab for him.

And yogurt, served with a heaping portion of guilt.

And here I am in the peculiar position of nursing back to health the fiend that mauled me.




























So again I ask, how do I get myself into these situations?



*****************


Don't forget, I will love you forever if you throw me a vote on Top Mommy Blogs. You know the drill by now, don't you? Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!


***************

In case you didn't know it, I'm like the queen of blog-hoppin' lately. It's kind of like square dancing but without the dated outfits, smelly gym, and elderly caller.

Here's the schedule I keep:
Monday: Homestead Revival's Barn Hop and A Cat-Like Curiosity's Monday Mantras.
Tuesday: Heavenly Homemaker's Gratituesday
and Wrinkled Mommy's Tuesday Archive Link-Up
Wednesday: My Life and Kids Finding the Funny
Thursday: A Rural Journal's Rural Thursday Blog Hop
Friday: Deborah Jean's Dandelion House's Farmgirl Friday
Saturday: Camera Critter's Life With Dogs Pet Blogger Hop and Country Momma Cooks Saturday Link-Up

Since today is Saturday, that means I'm linking my post "Justifiable Roostercide" with Country Momma Cooks Saturday Link-Up, and with Camera Critter's Life With Dogs Pet Blogger Hop.
Come join the fun!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you're having to go through all that, but thanks for the giggle at the image. ;)

    Brings back an odd memory of my first job out of college. I worked ever so briefly at a patent law firm (yawn) in Boston, and the first patent I worked on was for red contact lenses for chickens! They put the lenses in so they can't discern blood and won't be tempted to peck at it. Can you imagine THAT being your job ... fitting chickens with contact lenses?!?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I think that may be one of the funniest things I've ever heard. O.M.G.
    I will admit, however, that while I haven't heard of red contact lenses for chickens, I have heard of red goggles. And aprons and other clothing. All for the purpose of keeping them from being cannibalistic.
    I love my chickens to pieces, but they are such scary little dinosaurs!

    Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing that priceless story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's your big heart that get you into these things. I feel bad for the poor hen pecked guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do too, Journey. He's not looking good. Hope he can come back from this (was that me that just said that??).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...