Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Tip for Tuesday - Mmmm, Mmmm, Mini-Cinnis

I posted this last Tuesday, but took it out after a couple hours b/c my friend put me up as a guest post, so I ran with that instead.

I offer this up as explanantion, lest you think you're "woozing your mind" (as one of my kids used to say).




********************



Years ago, I found a recipe for something called Mini-Cinnis
(Southern Living article by Alison Lewis, recipe by Robyn Arnold)
that looked pretty scrumptious.

They were.

They are now my oldest son's favorite treat and he begs for them whenever he thinks he's on my good side.

I've made a couple of adjustments to the original recipe, and I pass that modified version to you here now.

I usually double the recipe, but because you are probably not insanely feeding 8 people normal, I'll just give the regular recipe, which makes a couple dozen little tiny rolls of deliciousness.











Enjoy!

Rolls
2 (8oz) cans of refrigerated crescent rolls
(nowadays you can usually get the sheets of crescent roll dough, which makes things easier)
9 - 10 Tbsp softened butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 chopped pecans
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinn

Icing
2/3 c powdered sugar
1 Tbsp half and half
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/8 tsp salt

1) Unroll crescent rolls and separate to form rectangles. Press diagonal perforations to seal
(again, if you can use the sheet kind of dough, it's a bit easier).
2) Stir together the butter, sugars, cinnamon, and pecans.
3) Spread evenly over each rectangle, and roll up, starting on the long side
(once I get them all rolled, I stick them in the freezer and take out one "log" at a time to cut. This makes the dough easier to work with and they keep their shape better).
4) Cut each log into six - 1" thick slices (serrated knife works best).
5) Place on greased cookie sheets or cake pans, about 1/4" apart.
6) Bake at 375 for about 15 mins.
7) Mix up the icing and drizzle over the rolls after they've cooled a few minutes.
8) Embarrass yourself by eating them like you've lived in the woods all your life and were raised by badgers.





Image courtesy: myrecipes.com

*********************

Don't forget to vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs! Just click on this brown button with the juggling chick. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!


***************

In case you didn't know it, I'm like the queen of blog-hoppin' lately. It's kind of like square dancing but without the dated outfits, smelly gym, and elderly caller.

Here's the schedule I keep:
Monday: Homestead Revival's Barn Hop
Tuesday: Heavenly Homemaker's Gratituesday, Wrinkled Mommy's Tuesday Archive Link-Up, and Crafty Garden Mama's Tuesday Greens
Wednesday: My Life and Kids Finding the Funny and Crafty Spices Wordless Wednesday
Thursday: A Rural Journal's Rural Thursday Blog Hop
Friday: Deborah Jean's Dandelion House's Farmgirl Friday
Saturday: Camera Critter's Life With Dogs Pet Blogger Hop and Country Momma Cooks Saturday Link-Up

Since today is Tuesday, that means I'm linking my post "Tooth Extortionist" with Wrinkled Mommy's Tuesday Archive Link-Up, "How to Grow Healthy Pumpkins"
with Crafty Garden Mama's Tuesday Greens, and "Meeting My Babies - Part 3 (The Chosen Child)" with Heavenly Homemaker's Gratituesday.


Come join the fun!




25 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing!! Cinnamon rolls are one of my very favorite things to do with crescent rolls. So easy and sooooo good!

    Stopping by for the SITS Girls blogging event! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My whole family loves cinnamon rolls. Those looks so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's bc your whole family knows what they're doing, Heather.
      8-P
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to try these! Thanks for sharing! (stopping by from SITS)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Run, don't walk, Melissa! Glad to have you here for a visit!

      Delete
  4. These look great. Is it wrong that I want to make enough for 8 even though there are only three of us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There can never be too many mini-cinnis, Tracie. Make enough for 8!

      Delete
  5. thanks for sharing the recipe. Looks good!!! Stopping by from SITS

    Stacey @gluedtomycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one to try, Stacey! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. yum. I am going to have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think instruction #8 is my favorite. Very clever and funny. The recipe sounds delicious and simple. Cinnamon rolls are my all time fave sweet treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi! Hope you enjoy them. They're my favorite, too!

      Delete
  8. Cinnamon rolls are my favorite treat to eat; Now I can make my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make, make, make! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Thanks for stopping by, Toia!

      Delete
  9. Oh no. Seriously. How am I going to lose weight BEFORE Thanksgiving at this rate?! UGh. so Easy... So tasty. (and I would make them first for myself... I just know it.)

    ;) YUMMERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to derail you, AJ. Seriously, they're so litttttle. Just a nibble....

      Delete
  10. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment! That really looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quick, easy, and yummy! It works for me! Thanks for sharing this at the Wicked Good Wednesday Blog Party at http://www.wildernesswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yum! These look WONDERFUL! I would love for you to come share these on my weekly link up that just went live for the week. http://countrifiedhicks.blogspot.com/2013/02/mondays-with-countrified-hicks-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks yummy! stopping by from Countrified Hicks' Linky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you all get a chance to try these for yourselves!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...