I offer this up as explanantion, lest you think you're "woozing your mind" (as one of my kids used to say).
Years ago, I found a recipe for something called Mini-Cinnis
(Southern Living article by Alison Lewis, recipe by Robyn Arnold)
that looked pretty scrumptious.
They are now my oldest son's favorite treat and he begs for them whenever he thinks he's on my good side.
I've made a couple of adjustments to the original recipe, and I pass that modified version to you here now.
2 (8oz) cans of refrigerated crescent rolls
(nowadays you can usually get the sheets of crescent roll dough, which makes things easier)
9 - 10 Tbsp softened butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 chopped pecans
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinn
2/3 c powdered sugar
1 Tbsp half and half
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/8 tsp salt
1) Unroll crescent rolls and separate to form rectangles. Press diagonal perforations to seal
(again, if you can use the sheet kind of dough, it's a bit easier).
2) Stir together the butter, sugars, cinnamon, and pecans.
3) Spread evenly over each rectangle, and roll up, starting on the long side
(once I get them all rolled, I stick them in the freezer and take out one "log" at a time to cut. This makes the dough easier to work with and they keep their shape better).
4) Cut each log into six - 1" thick slices (serrated knife works best).
5) Place on greased cookie sheets or cake pans, about 1/4" apart.
6) Bake at 375 for about 15 mins.
7) Mix up the icing and drizzle over the rolls after they've cooled a few minutes.
8) Embarrass yourself by eating them like you've lived in the woods all your life and were raised by badgers.
Image courtesy: myrecipes.com
Don't forget to vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs! Just click on this brown button with the juggling chick. You can vote every day till like, forever.
In case you didn't know it, I'm like the queen of blog-hoppin' lately. It's kind of like square dancing but without the dated outfits, smelly gym, and elderly caller.
Here's the schedule I keep:
Monday: Homestead Revival's Barn Hop
Tuesday: Heavenly Homemaker's Gratituesday, Wrinkled Mommy's Tuesday Archive Link-Up, and Crafty Garden Mama's Tuesday Greens
Wednesday: My Life and Kids Finding the Funny and Crafty Spices Wordless Wednesday
Thursday: A Rural Journal's Rural Thursday Blog Hop
Friday: Deborah Jean's Dandelion House's Farmgirl Friday
Saturday: Camera Critter's Life With Dogs Pet Blogger Hop and Country Momma Cooks Saturday Link-Up
Since today is Tuesday, that means I'm linking my post "Tooth Extortionist" with Wrinkled Mommy's Tuesday Archive Link-Up, "How to Grow Healthy Pumpkins"
with Crafty Garden Mama's Tuesday Greens, and "Meeting My Babies - Part 3 (The Chosen Child)" with Heavenly Homemaker's Gratituesday.
Come join the fun!