Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Look at Me, I'm Guest Posting!

Today I'm guest posting over on Monique Liddle's blog "Bends in the Road."
She is featuring my essay "The Broken Child," which is a piece I wrote after one particularly upsetting RAD/PTSD 'episode.'

Here's a teaser....

With the help of my other sons, we righted the table.
Rolling fruit was gathered and washed.
Jagged ceramic lay in pieces on the floor.
The dish, a gift, looked broken beyond repair.
I gathered the fragments together and began placing them in a sack to be discarded.

The dish wasn't the only broken thing here.
My son, full of teen angst and layers of past traumas, had flipped this table over in a moment of rage.
Not a rage over the losses in his life or the hurts he's endured, but over the latest insurmountable injustice. He didn't get the seat he wanted when it came time to watch a movie, and this insignificant precipitator had escalated and swollen till its enormity could not be controlled.

Sweeping up the broken bits too small to be gathered by hand, I wondered,
Could I fix my child?

Such arrogance to pose that question...



To read the rest, head on over to Bends in the Road.

Thanks!









Throw me a vote on Top Mommy Blogs? Just one click of this button (below) and you've voted. You can vote every day!

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on guest posting. Just stopped in to say hello.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Peace and good to you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...