Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

From March 30th, 2009

Parenting Humor
A visiting friend saw Daniel in his habitual morning pose of being curled up in a fetal position on his kitchen stool, butt and toes facing the oven. Oven door open, heat cranked up.
She said, "Good morning Daniel. Whay are you sitting like that?"
"Cuz I'm cold" he replied.
"Well, why don't you put on a shirt and some socks?" (logical question, I'll admit).
Without skipping a beat or looking up from his pose, Daniel answered:
"Because I can't afford such luxuries in my life".

Another Daniel-ism
Daniel had asked at dinner if he could have soda, but the answer was no. Later he saw Patrick fixin' himself a root beer float for dessert. He asked me if he could have one, too. I told him he certainly could. After only the slightest pause he said,
"Can I have a root beer float without the ice cream?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...