Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Party Pooped


James had a party yesterday. Kind of an end-of-the-school-year thing. So I had seven or eight boys over
what, am I supposed to have an exact count of how many kids I'm responsible for or something?
all of whom are 15 - 16 years old. Not including my own two 16 yr old boys and my nearly 12 yr old son.

In addition, Rosie had a couple girls over. So we had my three 13 yr old girls, plus another two. Said girls are all blossoming, and I'm not just talkin' about their personalities.
Said girls were all in two piece bathing suits of varying degrees of skin exposure.

Do the math. (10) 15 - 16 yr old boys, + (5) 13 yr old girls. Bathing suits. Pool.
Equals.

A lot of playing musical chairs for me.

There were times they were all in together, and I was pretty much right there poolside with an eagle eye.
Other times we used the pool by turns. Especially once the sun went down and they decided night swimming sounded like fun. And the hot tub.

Separate but equal, that's my motto.

You watch a movie, you go in the pool.
You go play football, you go in the pool.
You eat some pizza, you go in the pool.

And on and on like this most of the afternoon and evening.

I'm pooped.

I'm party pooped.

And I know it's only going to get worse over the next couple of years when the boys are 18 (and 14) and the girls are 15.

Yikes.

I'm gonna needs me some shotgun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...