Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Deliciousness

My oldest son's favorite favorite favorite cookie...snack...anything that I make is my oatmeal raisin cookies.

I like them, too, because if my kids are going to eat a whole bunch of sugar and butter, I might as well throw some oats and raisins and nuts in there so I can pretend like it's healthy.

Like I did with my chocolate chip cookie recipe, I'll give you the recipe, and then a few tips....


2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 tsp bkg soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups oats
1 c raisins
1 c chopped walnuts


Heat oven to 350.
In a mixing bowl, cream the softened butter with the sugars till creamy.
Add eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
Combine the flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add to the butter/sugar mixture, and mix well.
Add oats, raisins, and walnuts. Mix well.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 - 10 minutes, till light golden brown.


OK, now for the tips.
Some of them I'm going to lift straight from my ccc recipe. I'm very energy efficient.

1) Set the butter out several hours ahead to soften. But if alls-a-sudden you get the hankerin' for these babies and just can't wait, I'll not judge. Just put the butter in the microwave, and set on the defrost setting. That will soften the butter instead of just melting it, and you'll thank me.

2) Cream the butter and sugars really well, till it's light and fluffy.

3) Do you have a cookie dough baller? No? Get one! I never had one growing up. Never even knew they existed! But now I have one. Magical things. If you don't have one, treat yourself. Here's a picture of one:





Image source: www.onecountryshop.com

4) I also like to chop the nuts with a handy-dandy nut chopper. I used to just chop them up with a knife when I was a kid. But now I'm an adult and sophisticated and I use a nut chopper like a proper grown up. Here's a picture of one:







Image source: www.sears.com


5) After you have the dough balls on the cookie sheets, use the back of a tablespoon to flatten them out some. They'll bake more evenly.

6) Take the cookies out when they still look a little underdone, b/c they'll bake a bit more on the cookie sheets once they're out.  Don't let them fool you! Once they've cooled, they should be soft and chewy.








7) Keep a napkin handy when you eat these.  For drool wiping.



***********

1) Bake.
2) Eat,
3) Drool.
4) Clean.
5) Click.  You know, to vote.

You know the drill by now, don't you? Just click the juggling chick and you've voted. You can vote every day till like, forever.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!

Thanks!


*************

Check out my blog-hoppin' schedule in my sidebar, and come join the fun!

*************

Rudeness disclaimer:

I love all your comments,
I read every one!
But I can't hit 'reply',
I've no time for fun.
Please don't judge me,
Please don't hate.
If you have a question that just can't wait,
Send me an email at farmbeachgal@yahoo.com,
And I'll answer right back because I'm, you know, the Mom.





7 comments:

  1. The twins love cookie dough to keep and bake at their house....so....these will be a nice surprise...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love oatmeal raisin cookies and I can't even remember the last time I had one. I'll have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delicious! I love oatmeal raisin cookies because I can pretend that they're healthy. Thanks for the extra baking tips (I really like the one about flattening with a tablespoon)! I recently got one of those cookie dough ballers--they're amazing! The cookies turn out just the right size, and everything stays neat and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rooster, Lisa, Jennifer, so nice to have you all stop over and chime in! Hope you all like the cookies.

    XOXOXO....

    ReplyDelete
  5. drooling indeed! aloha from the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I came here from the Meet and Greet. These look delicious! Your blog seems really cool, I'm following you and looking forward to reading more. You have a really interesting perspective with your beautiful family. If you want to check out my blog, it's at http://thistlebearhome.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. linking up from the meet and greet blog hop....who can resist an oatmeal raisin cookie. sound yummy.

    stop by fairiesmarket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...