Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Farm Friday - Would You Rather...?

My farrier was here a couple days ago.

And as he was trying to heft my mare's dinner-plate-sized hoof onto his lap,





I asked him:

"Would you rather work with a draft horse or a mini?"

"Hmmm, that's a good question", he said. "The minis are so little that it breaks your back to bend over so much, and they're so quick. But with the drafts, you get a 19 hand, 2500 lb draft, if they don't wanna lift their foot, there's not much you can do about it."

And that got me to thinkin'. It's kind of like being a Mom to little ones vs being a Mom to teens.

The littles are so quick, and you're exhausted running after them from sun-up to sun-down (and beyond), changing diapers, wiping mouths and noses and behinds, listening to whining and crying, dealing and cajoling with them to put on their socks, clean up their toys, eat their lunch, take thier nap.

The teens, on the other hand. You may not have so much of the running around doing every little thing for them, but if your 6 foot tall, 200 lb son doesn't want to do his chores, there's not a whole lot you can do about it.

For me? I choose the drafts. Even though teens are not without their challenges, they're pretty cool.I enjoy talking with them, I love that they are more independent (no more packing school lunches for this Mama), and I revel in each of their new milestones (I have one looking at colleges now).

So how about the rest of you? Any of you that have survived raising your little ones through their teen years or beyond, what say you? Which is harder? Inquiring minds want to know.....






And this inquiring mind wants to know.... will you vote for me? Just a click of this button. Thanks!
Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

And thanks to my new followers!
Have you added yourself yet? Just click the follow button!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...