Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday Social - Punkin

Next one down on my siggy line...

Anne,
Wife of Fred for 23 years
Mom of:
Patrick (16)
James (16)
Rosie (14)
Bella(14)
Julie (13)
Daniel (12)
My children around the world:
Milly in Taiwan
Eun Hae in South Korea
Felice in Hong Kong
Nadya in Germany
Obrin in New York
And our critters Blue, Sunny, Cindy-Lou, Annabelle, Fiona, and Sophie; Mamfy, Mali, Milky and Punkin; Nick; Frog 1; Charlie and Dizzy; Minnie and Alice; Elfie, Frex, Crope, Tibbit and Ozzy; Genevieve, Pippin and Finnegan; and a dozen or so chooks.

I'd like to ask God why He allows
hunger, poverty, and injustice
in the world,but I'd be afraid
He'd ask me the same thing ...




Is Punkin.
















Tecnically, she's not next on the list, but I happen to have a picture of her ready to go, so I'm making her next.

I got her shortly after we first moved to this house, which would make her coming up on seven years old, I guess. I think we had two cats at the time, but I saw an ad for free kittens and one of them was a calico and, well, I've always had a thing for calicos. Turns out a homeless mother cat had a litter of kittens under someone's shrubs, and the woman of the house was kind enough to try to find homes for the wee ones once they were old enough.

And this little kitty I took home was soooo pretty and sooooo sweet.

And then one day I took her to the vet for shots and stuff. They took her to the back to draw blood and I'm sittin' in the waiting room mentally admiring the wonderful qualities of my many well-behaved animals when alls-a-sudden I hear this God-awful caterwauling from the back and I think to myself, my God. Who is making that terrible racket? That's horrible. I think I may have even giggled condescendingly at the thought that someone else's critters weren't as well behaved as mine.

I think you know how it ended. It was Punkin. As it turns out? Calico cats are kind of crazy. They're also always female (little trivia for you there). Calicos can be sweet and loving one minute and demons from hell the next. And that's pretty much Punkin in a nutshell.

We finally had to relegate her to being an outside cat b/c she took to marking her territory, occassionally going apesh** on someone's arm, and terrorizing the other cats. However, the outside thing didn't work out so well b/c she 's the only one of our cats that figured out how to use the dog door, so now she just sashays in whenever the hell she feels like it.

And she is a demon.

But she's sooooo pretty and sooooo sweet.

Ah well. What's a mother to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...