Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

D-R-A-M-A-T-I-C

I was playing Scrabble with Rosie and Julie last night.

What should have been some nice, relaxing quiet time with a couple of my girls was anything but.

At any given time I had at least three people asking me something, telling me something, complaining about someone. The puppy was running around willy-nilly and I was trying to keep an eye on her so she didn't pee, chew, eat our little dog Cindy or get out the door.

I also had an eye on the clock b/c I needed to go pick up my oldest from a party, and oh yeah, there was dinner.

About the third round of the game I found myself yelling at a good two or three of the kids simultaneously to "JUST BE NICE TO EACH OTHER!"

It was right about that time Rosie played her word.

Dramatic.

No, I'm not painting the scene here, people, that was the word she played. Dramatic.

That sucker was worth 28 points when you figured all the double word and triple letters and what-not, and then she got a 50 point bonus for using all seven of her letters.

78 points!

About that time I looked up at the clock and said, "Well, whaddya know, time to leave to get Patrick."

We did resume the game when we got home.

Guess who won?

Smarty pants.


8 comments:

  1. Wow! That has never happened to me to get to use all seven letters. Go girl is right! So I wonder if she saw the word and then the scene or vice versa. LOL!

    TALU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a game of Scrabble to shine some truth on a situation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I love when, in the midst of the crazy chaos, BAM! truth hits you! Smarty pants, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here from TALU, by the way! ;-)

      Delete
  4. how fun. I look forward to the times I can play games with my kids without all the whining and fighting. We can't even play shoot and ladders without a meltdown. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, there may be another writer in the family. TALU

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot even comprehend getting that many points in Scrabble! I'm always the one with three or four letter words and the minimum points! TALU

    www.livelafelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope, I don't think I've EVER used all of my tiles when playing Scrabble. Good job Rosie! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...